3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp
hot strong coffee
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, then line with parchment, leaving overhang on 2 sides.
- WHISK flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in flour mixture until just combined. Whisk in hot coffee.
- SCRAPE into prepared pan, spreading evenly to edges. Bake until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, about 12 min. Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Cut a 1/2-in. strip crosswise from centre and remove. Spread half of cake with 1/2 cup of the dulce de leche and sprinkle with peanuts.
- CUT away carton from ice cream. Cut ice cream into 1-in.-thick slices and place over nuts, pressing to fit. Using parchment, fold remaining cake over onto ice cream to create a sandwich, pressing evenly. Peel away parchment.
- WRAP with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours. Cut into 18 bars and drizzle with remaining dulce de leche.
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 14 g
Fibre 2 g
Sodium 196 mg
Weekend Baking: Baked Alaska