Toasted muesliBy Chatelaine
For a new twist on a healthy, satisfying breakfast, try this homemade toasted muesli. It's lower in fat and sugar than granola, but higher in fibre and protein.
- 2 cups large-flake oats
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts or flax meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Toast oats, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4 to 5 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- TOAST pepitas, stirring often, until they puff up slightly, about 8 min. Stir into oats along with walnuts, coconut, flax meal and salt.
To make a yogurt parfait
Layer muesli with yogurt and fresh fruit – we love it with juicy, in-season oranges and just a touch of honey.
Nutrition (per ½ cup)
- 11 g,
- 32 g,
- 15 g,
- 6 g,
- 90 mg.