Szechuan-style baby back ribs
* PLUS Cooking time: 60 minutes, Grilling Time: 15 minutes
Never underestimate the power of simmering ribs in beer; there's no better way to produce succulent meat. Our sweet and spicy Asian sauce is the perfect complement.
1 1/2 kg
1 to 2 tbsp
- Slice ribs into 2- or 3-rib portions. Place in a large saucepan. Add beer and enough water to cover ribs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat so the liquid boils gently. Cover and cook until ribs are fork-tender, from 60 to 75 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir hoisin with garlic, ginger, sugar and oil until sugar is dissolved. Stir in sherry and chili-garlic sauce.
- When ribs are tender, drain well. Use right away, cover and refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze up to a month.
- When ready to barbecue, oil grill and heat to medium. Brush ribs with sauce and place on the grill. Barbecue, turning and basting often with sauce, until well glazed and hot, about 15 min. Wonderful with bok choy and rice stirred with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 19 g,
- 40 g,