1 1/2 tsp
, peeled and diced, about 15 cups
1 1/2 cups
- Position a rack in bottom of oven. Preheat to 350F.
- Trim off and discard any excess fat from lamb leg. Pat dry with paper towels. Lay lamb on a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub with 1 tsp of the olive oil, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt. Season with pepper. Loosely cover with foil. Roast in bottom of oven for 25 min. Transfer to a heatproof surface. Position another rack in lower third of oven. Increase heat to 375F.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Using a spoon, scrape out and discard the dark gills under the cap, then dice caps. Heat a large roasting pan over 2 burners on medium. Add remaining oil, then garlic, red-pepper flakes and onions. Cook until onions start to soften, about 5 min. Add tomato paste and wine. Stir occasionally until slightly thickened, about 3 more min. Add vegetables, capers and broth, stirring until combined. Season with remaining salt and more pepper. Scoop half of vegetables onto baking sheet with lamb. Push vegetables in roasting pan to the sides and transfer lamb to centre of roasting pan. Nestle vegetables around lamb.
- Roast lamb in lower third of oven, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lamb reaches 145F for medium-rare, about 1 hour. Spread out vegetables on baking sheet and roast in bottom of oven, along with lamb. Stir vegetables halfway through.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board. Tent lamb with foil and let stand for 10 min. Combine vegetables on baking sheet with vegetables in roasting pan and stir well. Slice lamb and serve with caponata, pita and pistachio-feta pesto
Nutrition (per serving)
- 50 g,
- 30 g,
- 24 g,
- 7 g,
- 897 mg.
Perfect for a dinner party, this Mediterranean-inspired lamb recipe is sure to satisfy. Serve with caponata, pita and pistachio-feta pesto.