Nutty ramen gado-gado saladBy Chatelaine
With on a few fresh ingredients, you've got a hearty noodle dish. Serve with an off-dry Canadian white.
- 4 eggs
- 2 100-g pkgs ramen noodles
- 1/2 340-g pkg trimmed green beans
- 3 mini cucumbers , sliced diagonally
- 1/2 340-g pkg heirloom cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- COVER eggs with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high. Boil for 4 min, then scoop out eggs into a bowl of cold water.
- COOK noodles in same pan, following package directions but omitting seasoning mix, until al dente, 3 to 4 min. Scoop noodles into a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Add beans to same pan and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 min. Drain and cover with cold water for 1 min. Drain well.
- DISSOLVE sugar in water in a medium bowl. Whisk in peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce and sriracha.
- PEEL eggs. Divide ramen among 4 plates and layer with beans, cucumber, tomatoes and eggs. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 47 g,
- 23 g,
- 6 g,
- 454 mg.
Pair it with: An off-dry Canadian white
Riesling, gewürztraminer and chardonnay grapes come together to make a white wine that charms alongside this peanutty dish. Passion fruit, lime zest and rose round out the nose.
Our Pick: Flat Rock Cellars Twisted, Ontario, $17.