Lamb burgers with feta and mint
Serve satisfying lamb burgers with feta and mint on crispy pitas as a super low-carb option.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500 g ground lamb , or beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta , about 75 g
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 pitas
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Heat a small frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Stir often until onion softens, 3 to 5 min. Set aside.
- Whisk egg with Dijon and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Add lamb, panko, feta, onion mixture and mint. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. Shape into 4 burgers. Press a shallow indent in centre of each with your thumb.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 6 min per side. Lightly grill pitas alongside. Cut into quarters and serve with burgers.
1. Press a shallow depression in centre of each patty before cooking so burgers will stay perfectly round when grilled.
2. No barbecue? Cook burgers in a non-stick pan over medium, 6 to 8 min per side.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 26 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 776 mg.