Updated Jul 6, 2017Chatelaine
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Heat a small frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Stir often until onion softens, 3 to 5 min. Set aside.
- Whisk egg with Dijon and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Add lamb, panko, feta, onion mixture and mint. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Shape into 4 burgers, each about 1 in. thick.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 6 min per side. Lightly grill pitas alongside. Cut into quarters and serve with burgers.
NutritionCalories 439, Protein 33 g, Carbohydrates 26 g, Fat 24 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 776 mg.
1. Press a shallow depression in centre of each patty before cooking so burgers will stay perfectly round when grilled.
2. No barbecue? Cook burgers in a non-stick pan over medium, 6 to 8 min per side.