Glazed chicken with pineapple rice
1 h 8 min
Fruity pineapple and creamy coconut cut the curry edge in this easy one-dish bake. The curry turns the rice a lovely sunshine colour.
- 398-mL can coconut milk
- 398-mL can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Indian curry paste , add up to 1 tbsp extra if desired
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds , optional
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander , or basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Pour coconut milk into a 9×13-inch (3-L) baking dish. Stir in entire contents of can of pineapple. Add rice, fish sauce and raisins. Tightly cover baking dish with foil. Bake in centre of preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub chicken with curry paste. When rice has baked 30 minutes, remove from oven. Stir rice mixture, then evenly spread out in dish. Place chicken on rice. Tightly cover with foil again. Bake until chicken is springy when pressed and rice has absorbed all liquid, 30 to 35 more minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Excellent with sugar snap peas or steamed green beans.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37 g,
- 57 g,
- 25 g,
- 2 g,
- 1585 mg.