Substitution tip: Can’t find sweet chili sauce? Stir 1/2 cup honey with 2 tbsp each chili-garlic sauce and rice vinegar.
- 340 g frozen raw jumbo shrimp , peeled
- 1/4 cup cornstarch , or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened medium dessicated coconut , toasted
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with oil. Thaw shrimp following package directions. Pat dry with paper towels. Stir cornstarch with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, stir 1/2 cup chili sauce with vinegar. In another shallow dish, spread out coconut. Toss shrimp in cornstarch mixture. Then, shaking off excess starch, dip each in chili-sauce mixture and coat with coconut. Place shrimp on foil.
- BAKE in centre of oven until shrimp is cooked through, about 10 min. Serve remaining sweet chili sauce alongside as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 166 mg.