This is a great make-ahead. Prepare the salsa a few hours before serving, then pop the chops under the broiler at the last minute ? that way, you can spend time with your guests instead of hovering over a hot stove.
Broiled lamb chops with Mediterranean salsa
* PLUS Broiling Time: 8 minutes
- olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 lamb loin chops , each about 1/2-in. thick
- 3 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , halved (optional)
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup snipped chives , or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- Position oven rack 3 to 4 inches (7.5 to 10 cm) from broiler. Preheat broiler and place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly coat with oil. In a small bowl, stir lemon-pepper seasoning with oregano and garlic powder. Sprinkle both sides of chops with spice mixture, then place on rack. Broil 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, pat sun-dried tomatoes and peppers dry with paper towels. Slice into thick strips. Pit olives, then coarsely chop. Place tomatoes, peppers and olives in a small bowl. Stir in feta and chives. Slice lemon in half and cut one half into 4 wedges. When chops are done, squeeze juice from remaining half overtop. Place chops on a platter and spoon pepper mixture overtop. Serve with lemon wedges. Great with sweet potatoes and asparagus.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 5.1 g,
- 11.1 g,
- 1.1 g,
- 495 mg.