Nigella Lawson's green beans with pistachio pestoBy Chatelaine
6 - 8 Servings
- 7 cups trimmed green beans , cut in half, about 700g
- 1 cup packed basil leaves , chopped
- 3 tbsp shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans. Cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 min. Reserve 2 tbsp cooking water. Drain beans and set aside.
- Combine basil, pistachios, parmesan, oil, garlic, salt and reserved cooking water in a large bowl. Using an immersion blender, blitz until well combined. Add beans. Toss until coated.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 7 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 109 mg.