Tangy fresh lemon juice and peel brighten up delicate snow peas and buttery mushrooms in this winning side dish. Crunchy peas and soft, succulent mushrooms gives this dish a pleasing texture.
Lemony snow peas and mushrooms
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 10 servings
- 1 kg snow peas , or sugar snap peas
- 500 g mixed mushrooms , such as button, cremini and shiitake
- 2 tbsp garlic butter , or 2 tbsp butter and 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small lemon
- pinch pepper
- Pull tough strings from snow peas and cut off stems. Slice mushrooms. If using shiitake, discard stems. Thinly slice caps.
- Melt butter in a large wide frying pan or saucepan over medium-high heat. When bubbly, add mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt. Stir often until mushrooms begin to soften and turn brown around edges, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tbsp (15 mL) peel and measure out 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice from lemon. When mushrooms are brown, stir in snow peas, lemon peel, juice and pepper. Stir often until snow peas are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3.8 g,
- 8 g,
- 2.6 g,
- 3.2 g,
- 261 mg.