Nov 7, 2019Alison Roman
1. Finely chop one of the lemons, taking care to avoid and remove all seeds. Zest and juice the remaining lemon; set aside.
2. Toast the pistachios in a small skillet over medium until they’re just starting to smell toasty but before they turn brown, 2 to 3 min. Remove from the heat and place in a medium bowl; let cool.
3. Add the lemon zest, chopped lemon, garlic and olive oil to the pistachios and season with salt and pepper.
4. Scatter the Little Gems onto a large serving platter or shallow bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and a bit of olive oil until all the bits get some love; season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the pistachio mixture over, followed by the herbs and flaky salt.
Pistachio mixture sans garlic and whole lemon can be made a day ahead. (Lemon can get bitter as it sits, so I prefer to add it just before using.)
Recipe reprinted from Nothing Fancy. Copyright © 2019 by Alison Roman. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.