Unique and flavourful, seafood lovers will enjoy these barbecued salmon, pineapple and zucchini skewers.
Salmon, pineapple and zucchini skewers with pineapple-ginger sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple , about 200 g
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 wooden skewers
- 200 g pineapple , about 1/3 pineapple
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 600 g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Soak skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- Stir chopped pineapple with soy, lemon juice, honey, sesame oil and ginger in a medium bowl. Stir in cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple and onion into bite-sized pieces. Slice zucchini into 1/4-in. coins. Cut salmon into 1-in. pieces. Toss salmon and vegetables with vegetable oil and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Thread salmon, pineapple, red onion and zucchini onto skewers.
- Oil grill, then barbecue skewers, uncovered, flipping twice, until salmon is cooked through, about 8 min. Serve with Pineapple-Ginger Sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 16 g,
- 10 g,
- 1 g,
- 260 mg.