Jerusalem Artichoke And Potato SoupBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 20 min
This creamy artichoke and potato soup is brightened by an herbaceous crème fraîche. It's sure to warm you up as the weather gets colder.
- 2 small Jerusalem artichokes , peeled and sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 2 large garlic cloves , crushed
- 4 large Jerusalem artichokes , peeled and diced
- 1 large potato , peeled and diced
- 900-mL cartons chicken broth
Herb Crème Fraîche
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup loosely packed finely chopped dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup loosely packed thinly sliced basil
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F.
- Chips: Toss sliced artichokes with oil and 1⁄4 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. Spread out in a single layer. Bake until artichokes are tender and golden, 10 to 15 min.
- Soup: Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot set over medium. Add shallots and 1 tsp salt. Cook, stirring, until shallots soften, 5 to 7 min. Add garlic and cook for 2 more min.
- Add diced artichokes and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 min. Add broth and remaining 1⁄2 tsp salt. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 50 min.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. (You can also cool the soup slightly, then transfer it into a blender.)
- Crème fraîche: Stir crème fraîche with herbs and 1⁄4 cup water in a medium bowl until slightly runny.
- Divide soup among four bowls. Drizzle with crème fraîche and top with chips.