Pepper jelly is the speedy secret to this saucy chicken dish. Since it doesn’t need babysitting, prep the rice and veggies while the chicken cooks – and dinner’s done!
Glazed chicken with red peppers
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar , can substitute white wine
- 1/4 cup regular or hot red pepper jelly
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 pinch hot-red-chili flakes
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When bubbly, add chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 min per side. Meanwhile, thinly slice pepper into strips. When chicken is golden, reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 min. Add pepper and stir to coat. Continue cooking, until chicken is springy when pressed, 3 to 5 more min.
- When chicken is cooked and peppers are tender, remove to plates. Pour vinegar into pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits from pan bottom. Add jelly, rosemary and chili flakes. Stir until melted, about 30 sec. Boil sauce, stirring constantly, until it thickens slightly, about 30 sec. Pour over chicken and peppers. Excellent with steamed broccoli.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 34 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 130 mg.