Whole wheat fettuccine with anchovies, rapini and ricottaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 bunch rapini , trimmed
- 375-g pkg whole-wheat fettuccine pasta
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 6 anchovy fillets , coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp anchovy oil
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-smooth ricotta
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- BOIL a large pot of water. Cook rapini for 5 min, then scoop into a colander. Rinse with cold running water and squeeze out excess water. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- ADD pasta to boiling water and cook, following package directions but omitting salt, until al dente, 7 to 8 min. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Add 1 tbsp oil, then bread crumbs, and cook, stirring often, until toasty, 2 min. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil, garlic, anchovies, anchovy oil and chili flakes. Stir until anchovies break apart. Add pasta and pasta water along with rapini. Toss to coat. Season with fresh pepper.
- DIVIDE pasta among 4 bowls. Stir ricotta with lemon zest. Top each bowl with a big dollop of ricotta mixture and a sprinkle of bread crumbs. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 77 g,
- 20 g,
- 11 g,
- 448 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A