Skillet one-pan pizza recipeBy Chatelaine
Fresh, fast and homemade, this is the pizza recipe to keep on hand for busy weeknights.
- 796-mL can whole tomatoes , drained well
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 340-g ball of mozzarella , sliced into 10 rounds
- 450 g pizza dough
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- DRAIN tomatoes well, then pour into a medium bowl. Add olive oil and garlic. Crush tomatoes, using a wooden spoon, until saucy. Thinly slice mozzarella, and set aside.
- DIVIDE dough into 2 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 10-in circle. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add one dough-circle and cook until bubbly, 4 to 5 min. Flip, then spread with half of tomato mixture. Top with half of mozzarella slices. Continue cooking, covered, until cheese is melted and crust is cooked through, 3 to 4 min. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining dough, tomato mixture and mozzarella.
- SPRINKLE sun-dried tomatoes and basil over each pizza. Cut each into 6 slices.
Chatelaine Quickies: Skillet chocolate chip cookie
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 42 g,
- 21 g,
- 3 g,
- 810 mg.
- Excellent source of