Shrimp quesadillas with nectarinesBy Chatelaine
Take the season's ripest, juiciest nectarines to tasty new heights with this delicious seafood quesadilla.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 450 g frozen raw shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 2 nectarines , unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 10-in. tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- HEAT a large non-stick pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then shrimp. Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 1 min per side. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- ADD remaining 1 tsp oil to same pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, about 2 min. Add red pepper and chili flakes. Cook until peppers are tender-crisp, 1 to 2 min. Transfer mixture to bowl with shrimp and stir in nectarines, cilantro and lime juice.
- WIPE pan clean and return to stovetop. Lay a tortilla in frying pan. Scatter a quarter of each shrimp mixture and cheese over half a tortilla. Fold tortilla to enclose filling. Cook until underside is golden, about 2 min. Then flip and continue until other side is golden, about 2 more min. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 41 g,
- 17 g,
- 3 g,
- 694 mg.