Zesty lime and garlic chicken with Mexican bean saladBy Chatelaine
Turn a simple weeknight meal into a south-of-the-border fiesta with zesty citrus chicken and a hot chili, avocado and bean salad.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut into large strips
- 4 tsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 540-mL can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/8 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- pita , if desired
- COMBINE 1/4 cup lime juice with 3 minced garlic cloves, paprika and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 min.
- HEAT 2 tsp canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add 1 minced garlic clove, then stir in red pepper, red onion and corn. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 min. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in black beans, avocado, 2 tbsp lime juice, lime zest, 1/8 tsp salt and hot-red-chili-flakes.
- SPRINKLE chicken with 1/4 tsp salt. Return frying pan to heat over medium-high. Add 2 tsp canola oil, then chicken. Cook until golden, about 5 min. Serve with pita, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 66 g,
- 33 g,
- 17 g,
- 12 g,
- 717 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C