Lemon linguine with smoked oysters
Dress up a weeknight dinner with this lemony pasta dish.
- 225 g linguine pasta
- 2 85-g cans smoked oysters , preferably in cottonseed oil, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds , optional
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- COOK pasta following package directions, 6 to 8 min.
- DRAIN oysters, reserving oil, and coarsely chop.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tbsp oil from smoked oysters, then garlic and fennel seeds. Cook for 1 min. Stir in oysters and spinach. Cook until spinach starts to wilt, 1 min.
- STIR in pasta, parmesan, parsley, salt, lemon zest and juice until combined.
Using oysters not packed in cottonseed oil? Sub 2 tbsp salted butter for oil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 48 g,
- 8 g,
- 3 g,
- 615 mg.