Serve with drive-thru hash browns.
Astounding eggs benedict with hash brownsBy Chatelaine
Classic hollandaise is made with lots of butter, but we traded it for Greek yogurt with amazing results. And our favourite fast-food hash browns are usually deep fried, but we baked them instead and, wow, are they good!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 130-g pkg smoked salmon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- FILL a wide pot 2 in. deep with water and bring to a simmer. Whisk yolks with yogurt, butter, Dijon, zest and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and place over water. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and yolks are cooked, 7 min. Remove bowl from heat. Toast muffins.
- ADD vinegar to simmering water. Crack an egg into a small dish, then slip into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Adjust heat so water gently simmers. Cook, uncovered, until whites are set and yolks are done as you like, 3 to 6 min. It’s best if yolks are runny.
- PLACE a muffin half on each plate. Top with spinach, then smoked salmon. Using a slotted spoon, remove poached eggs. Dab whites with paper towel to absorb water, then place an egg on each muffin. Whisk yogurt sauce and spoon overtop. Season with fresh pepper and sprinkle with chives.
Chatelaine Basics: How to make hollandaise sauce
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 16 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 708 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A