Double caramel sponge candy
* PLUS Standing Time: 20 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Stir sugar with corn syrup and vanilla in a deep medium-sized pot until combined. Put pot on the stove over medium-high. Do not stir again. Bring to a vigorous boil. Continue to boil until bubbles are brown-tinged, 4 min.
- Remove from heat and immediately whisk in baking soda. Mixture will froth and expand. Pour out immediately onto prepared sheet. Let cool 2 min, then sprinkle toffee bits overtop.
- Cool completely, then crack into pieces. Candy will keep well, stored in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
- Prep Tip: This recipe comes together quickly, so get all your ingredients and equipment ready before starting.