Suggestion: Get our recipe for Butcher’s Chicken Broth here.
Chicken soup with dill and dumplingsBy Chatelaine
1 h 30 min
Surprise your taste buds with this modern take on an old classic. Just add dill and dumplings!
- 9 cups Butcher's Chicken Broth , recipe link below
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 celery stalks , diced with leaves, about 1 cup
- 1 large carrots , diced, about 1 cup
- 1 large yellow onion , diced, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- WHISK egg in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, butter and salt. Gradually add flour and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until batter is cold, 45 min to 1 hour.
- BOIL Butcher’s broth in a large pot. Add chicken, celery, carrot, onion, dill, garlic and salt. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Gently boil until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 min.
- SCOOP batter into 20 portions. Add to simmering soup and cook until all dumplings float to the top, 5 to 7 min. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with more dill, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37 g,
- 44 g,
- 22 g,
- 3 g,
- 1217 mg.