Alley Burger's The Whole Truck burger
This article has not been rated yet.
The whole truck burger recipe
Photo by Roberto Caruso
Food trucks are all the rage in cities around the world — and Canadian chefs are leading the trend. The folks who run Calgary's best steakhouse, Charcut Roast House, are behind the Alley Burger truck.
, cut in half crosswise
, preferably Angus chuck
- STIR mayonnaise with piri piri sauce in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- HEAT a cast iron grill pan over medium-high. Lay bacon on grill and cook until crisp, flipping halfway through, about 3 min. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Discard oil in pan.
- MIX beef with salt and pepper and shape into 4 patties. Add to hot grill pan and cook 5 min. Flip burgers and cook 2 min. Top with cheese curds and cook 3 more min. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- HEAT a large non-stick pan over medium-high. Add oil, then crack eggs into the pan. Cover, and cook until set, but yolks are still runny, about 2 min.
- ASSEMBLE burgers by laying a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun. Transfer burgers to buns. Top each burger with bacon, 2 slices each tomato and onion, pickles, a fried egg and jalapeno slices. Drizzle with aioli and sandwich with top bun. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 56 g,
- 101 g,
- 49 g,
- 3 g,
- 1768 mg.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp piri piri sauce