Strawberry freezer jamBy Chatelaine
5 1/2 cups
- 2 454-g pkgs strawberries , hulled and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 45-g pkg freezer-jam pectin , such as Bernardin
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- CRUSH strawberries to a chunky purée with a potato masher in a large bowl. It should measure about 5 cups.
- COMBINE sugar, pectin and zest in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over the strawberries and stir to combine. Let stand for 3 min, then stir well.
- LADLE into 6 clean 1-cup canning jars, leaving ½-in. headspace from rims. Wipe rims clean, then secure lids tightly. Let stand for 30 min. Jam will be very softly set. Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 year.
Chatelaine Quickies: Poached rhubarb
Nutrition (per tbsp)
- 1 g,
- 5 g,
- 0 g,
- 1 g,
- 6 mg.