Treats don’t get much easier than this! Marbled chocolate is sprinkled with crushed candy canes. Try using one of the new candy cane flavors such as cappuccino or maple.
Marbled candy cane bark
1 lb (500 g) bark for 16 servings
- 170 g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 170 g white or milk chocolate
- 3 6-in. candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Coarsely chop dark chocolate. To melt in microwave, place in a 2 cup (500 mL) measuring cup. Coarsely chop white chocolate and place in a separate measuring cup. Microwave separately on medium, uncovered, until pieces are almost melted, from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes. Or melt separately in small saucepans set over low heat, stirring often, until almost melted, from 3 to 5 minutes. Stir each until smooth. Leaving candy canes in wrappers, place on a tea towel. Coarsely crush with a rolling pin. Hold over a bowl and remove wrappers.
- Pour dark chocolate onto waxed paper forming 2 thick strips, each about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide and 8 inches (20 cm) long, about 1 1/2 inches (3.5 cm) apart. Pour white chocolate into space between dark chocolate and also along outside edge of one dark row to form stripes.
- Draw a knife through stripes in a back-and-forth motion to create a marble effect. Large swirls look better than small ones. Tap pan against counter several times to level chocolate and force out bubbles. Sprinkle with candy canes. Refrigerate until hardened, from 45 to 60 minutes. Break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.6 g,
- 17.8 g,
- 8 g,
- 0.6 g,
- 14 mg.