Kitchen Tip: Microwave or packaged popcorn will work well in this recipe.
Gingerbread spice caramel cornBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 10 cups Popcorn
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice mix , (see recipe below)
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 300F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- PLACE popcorn in a large wide bowl. Have pretzels ready.
- STIR sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium until sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 min. Increase heat to high and boil, without stirring, until mixture turns amber, 7 to 10 min. Remove from heat and stir in butter and pretzels. Pour over popcorn, stirring with a spatula. Spread in single layer on prepared sheets and sprinkle with gingerbread spice mix.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, stirring and switching sheets halfway, until popcorn is coated with caramel, 20 min.
Nutrition (per ½ cup)
- 2 g,
- 31 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 176 mg.