Perfect for a barbecue, your guests will love these light and delicious tacos that pack a lot of flavour. For a vegetarian version, substitute fish with tofu.
Halibut and zucchini soft tacos
* PLUS Grilling Time: 10 minutes
- 3 to 6 small skewers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp five-spice powder , or ground cumin
- pinch salt
- pinch fresh-ground black pepper
- 454 g skinless halibut or salmon fillets
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 medium flour tortillas , about 7 inches in diameter, or small pitas
- shredded lettuce , optional
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20 min. In a large bowl, stir oil with honey, 5-spice powder, salt and pepper. Slice fish or tofu into pieces, about 1 in. × 1?1/2 in. (2.5 cm × 3.5 cm). Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. (1-cm) pieces. Add both to spice mixture, then gently stir to coat.
- Thread onto skewers, alternating fish or tofu with zucchini. (To turn easily, it is better to use 2 skewers through each kebab.) Barbecue kebabs, with lid closed, turning halfway through, until a knife inserted into the thickest piece of fish or tofu comes out warm, about 10 min. Remove skewers. Scatter fish and zucchini over tortillas, along with lettuce if you wish. Serve immediately.
Chatelaine Quickies: Roadside fish tacos
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 25 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 283 mg.