Sweet and spicy salmon with quinoa saladBy Chatelaine
Horseradish and honey-topped salmon meets a zesty salad for a fast and fresh meal you can whip up any night of the week.
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , each about 180 g and 1-in thick
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp water
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 red onion , diced, about 1/3 cup
- 1 avocado , diced
- 1 carrot , grated
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- COOK quinoa according to package directions, about 15 min. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- STIR in onion, avocado, carrot, lime juice and oil into quinoa until combined. Set aside.
- POSITION rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with oil. Arrange salmon skin-side down on foil. Stir horseradish with honey and water until combined. Spread on salmon.
- BROIL salmon in top third of oven until a knife tip inserted in thickest part of fish and held for 10 sec comes out warm, about 10 min. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 40 g,
- 33 g,
- 8 g,
- 122 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B6