Garlic Scapes PestoBy Chatelaine
- 1 cup chopped garlic scapes , in 1-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pulse garlic scapes with pine nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Add parmesan and pulse twice. With motor running, slowly add oil through feed tube until almost smooth. Add lemon juice and salt. Season with pepper.
- Use pesto right away over pasta, crostini, salad and pizza or transfer to a glass jar, seal and refrigerate up to 3 days. It can be frozen in ice cube trays for future use up to a month.
- Use garlic scape pesto in the same way you would use in any pesto: toss with pasta, salad dressing, or toss with vegetables like blanched green beans.