Rotisserie Chicken Winter Cobb Salad with Crispy Chicken SkinBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Take the hearty salad classic up a notch with sweet potatoes and crispy chicken bits.
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and cut in 1-in. cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 1 900-g rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 4 soft-boiled eggs , halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Position racks in lower third and centre of oven and preheat to 450F.
- Toss sweet potato with oil and 1/4 tsp salt on a large baking sheet. Roast in the centre of oven until potato is fork-tender and golden-brown, 12 to 14 min.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken skin from rotisserie chicken. Trim and discard excess fat from skin, and then lay skin flat on a baking sheet. Bake in lower third of oven until crisp, 5 to 6 min. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, debone chicken legs and shred leg meat. Slice breast meat.
- Stir mayonnaise with yogurt, 2 tbsp water, lemon juice, chives and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Add chopped romaine lettuce and toss until coated.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top with eggs, sweet potato, tomatoes, chicken and feta. Break chicken skin into smaller pieces and sprinkle overtop.
You can also cook your own chicken for this salad recipe. We rely on a seasoned rotisserie chicken to make the crispy skin extra-flavourful, but you can substitute the skin with crispy bacon if you’re not using rotisserie chicken.
To cook bacon:
Lay strips flat on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400F until crispy, 15 to 20 min.