Serve with sherried mushrooms.
Chili-espresso strip loin steaksBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Give your steaks a rich and spicy update with chili and espresso rub.
- 8 strip loin steaks , at least 1-in. thick, about 250 g each
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Trim excess fat from steaks. With a sharp knife tip, make shallow cuts 1 in. apart around the edges of the steak (to keep it from curling).
- STIR salt with sugar, chili powder and pepper in a small bowl. Rub instant coffee between your fingers to crush before stirring into seasonings. Gener- ously season steak (about 3/4 tsp rub per steak).
- OIL grill. Barbecue steaks, with lid open, 5 to 6 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand about 5 min before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 56 g,
- 2 g,
- 13 g,
- 492 mg.