One-tray herbed chicken and roasted vegetablesBy Chatelaine
From their new cookbook How to Feed a Family, Ceri Marsh and Laura Keogh of Sweet Potato Chronicles share their family-friendly (and healthy) herbed chicken recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- lemon juice , from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 chicken wings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1.5 to 1.8 kg red potatoes , halved
- 1 yellow zucchini , chopped
- 1 green zucchini , chopped
- 1 red onion , quartered
- 6 garlic cloves , peeled
- 32 cherry tomatoes , on or off the vine
- PREHEAT the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a large rimmed baking tray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with half the dressing. You can allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for more intense flavor (anywhere from 1 to 3 hours) but it’s also great if you use it right away.
- In a separate large bowl, coat the potatoes, zucchinis and onion with the remaining half of the dressing. Scatter the vegetables and garlic on the prepared baking tray. Arrange the chicken on the tray as well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out the baking tray and scatter the cherry tomatoes across the top of the vegetables. Return to oven and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Plate appropriate portions for family members (make mine big, please) from the tray and serve immediately.