Sweet and flavourful, this family favourite is ready in less than 40 min.
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup puréed onion , about 1/2 small onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 700-g pkg refrigerated pizza dough
- all-purpose flour , for dusting
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 small red onion , sliced into rings
- chopped parsley , for sprinkling
- HEAT a large saucepan over medium. Add beer, then onion. Gently boil onion with 1/4 cup beer over medium for 2 min, stirring constantly . Add ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, hoisin, garlic powder, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper flakes. Continue stirring frequently, to keep sauce from splattering, until flavours develop, 5 to 8 min.
- PREHEAT oven to 425F. Divide a 700-g pkg of refrigerated pizza dough into 2 portions. Roll out into rounds on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Stir 1 1/2 cups beer BBQ sauce with 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken. Divide between the two pizza bases, spreading right to the edges. Top each with 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, then sliced red-onion rings. Bake in centre of oven until crusts are golden, 15 to 18 min. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.