- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- STIR flour with 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a fork, mix in grated butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cream and half of berries until dough just comes together. Add more cream, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed. Do not over-mix.
- SCOOP 1/4 cup of mixture for each portion and shape into 1-in.-high round scones. Set on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE in centre of oven until tops are golden, 15 to 17 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE remaining 1/4 cup sugar and half of berries with zest in a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved and berries are soft, about 15 min. Serve warm with scones.
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 7 g
Fibre 1 g
Sodium 105 mg
Good source of Folate