Quick Balsamic-Pickled GrapesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns , (optional)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1/2 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place grapes in a glass bowl or jar.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary and salt in a small saucepan set over medium high. Bring to a boil, 1 to 2 min. Pour over grapes. Let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hrs, or overnight, before serving.
Quick pickles have a shorter shelf life than traditional ones: three to five days in the refrigerator, max!