Tuna And Cherry Tomato PastaBy Chatelaine
This fresh, savoury-sweet pasta takes only 25 minutes to make. Add some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- 450 g dried penne pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes , (optional)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce , or
- anchovy paste
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 3 80-g cans chunk tuna , packed in oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese , (optional)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water, then drain pasta.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then red pepper flakes. Cook 30 sec. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until they start to break down, 3 to 4 min. Stir in garlic, tomato paste and fish sauce.
- Add spinach and stir until it wilts, about 2 min. If mixture seems dry, add reserved pasta water. Add tuna and break into chunks with a spoon. Stir in pasta. Divide between plates. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 90 g,
- 11 g,
- 5 g,
- 560 mg.