Lomo SaltadoBy Chatelaine
Crispy potatoes combine with perfectly-cooked steak and a delicious tomato-garlic sauce.
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes , cut in 1/2-in.-thick fries
- 6 tsp canola oil , divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500 g sirloin steak , cut into 1/4-in. strips
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos , seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 plum tomatoes , seeded and cut in wedges
- 2 green onions , cut in 2-in. pieces
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro , (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 475F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss potatoes with 3 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared baking sheet. Bake potatoes until tender and golden brown, about 20 min.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, and then half of the beef. Cook, stirring constantly, until no pink remains, 1 to 2 min. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with 1 tsp oil and remaining beef. Transfer to same plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to pan, and then red onion and jalapenos. Cook until tender-crisp, about 2 min. Stir in tomatoes, green onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until garlic is fragrant and tomatoes are softened, about 2 min. Return beef and any juices to pan, and then add soy sauce, vinegar and 2 tbsp water, stirring until coated. Remove from heat and stir in fries. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 34 g,
- 9 g,
- 4 g,
- 680 mg.