Hawaiian Shrimp Poke BowlBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Shrimp, edamame, avocado, mango—plus the goodness of brown rice.
- 1 1/2 cup short-grain brown rice
- 4 tsp soy sauce , divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 340-g bag frozen raw peeled shrimp , thawed
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 ripe avocado , pitted, peeled and cut in thin wedges
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame , thawed
- 1 mango , pitted, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced nori , (optional)
- 1 tbsp Shichimi Togarashi , (optional; see Kitchen tip)
- Cook rice following package directions, omitting any salt and adding 1 tsp soy sauce instead.
- Whisk remaining 3 tsp soy sauce with honey and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set dressing aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high. Add oil, shrimp and ginger. Stir-fry until shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 min. Remove from heat and drizzle with 1 tbsp dressing.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in remaining dressing. Scoop into 4 bowls and top with shrimp, avocado, edamame, and mango. Sprinkle with nori and shichimi togarashi.
Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese seven-spice blend. Look for it in the spice aisle at your grocery store.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 81 g,
- 15 g,
- 9 g,
- 790 mg.