Duck Noodle BowlBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This five-spice noodle bowl that only takes 35 minutes to make.
- 2 duck breasts , about 250 g each
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder , (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 450 g dried spaghetti pasta
- 1 bunch green onions , (about 5), cut in matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 English cucumber , halved lengthwise, seeded and cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Place duck breasts, skin-side up, on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife tip, score skin in a tight cross-hatch pattern without cutting through to meat. Pat both sides of duck breasts dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with five-spice powder and salt. Season with pepper.
- Arrange duck breasts, skin-side down, in a cold large non-stick frying pan. Set over medium-high. Cook, partially covered (duck will splatter as it cooks), until skin is golden and crisp, 6 to 8 min. Reduce heat to low. Flip duck over. Cook, partially covered, until medium-rare, 6 to 8 min more. Remove duck to a cutting board and let rest for 10 min. Carefully discard all but 1 tbsp fat in pan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and add to pan with duck fat along with green onions and garlic. Stir for 1 min. Stir in oyster and hoisin sauces. Season with pepper. Stir to coat.
- Thinly slice duck. Divide noodles among bowls. Top with duck, cucumber and cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 42 g,
- 95 g,
- 8 g,
- 6 g,
- 790 mg.