Inside-out cheddar burgersBy Chatelaine
Fire up the barbie and celebrate Canada's diverse cultural flavours with BBQ combos as unique as the country. This burger's cheddar-filled centre will make it the star of your backyard party.
- 1.5 kg medium ground beef
- 8 1-in. square pieces Canadian cheddar , each 1/2 in. thick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 2 tomatoes , sliced into rounds
- 2 dill pickles , sliced
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Divide beef into 16 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty. Lay a square of cheese in the centre of 8 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in the cheese. Season both sides of burgers with salt and fresh pepper.
- OIL grill. Barbecue burgers, with lid closed, until cooked through, 4 to 6 min per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 43 g,
- 38 g,
- 24 g,
- 4 g,
- 1010 mg.