Roasted Mushroom Tacos
Photo, Erik Putz.
Roasted oyster mushrooms make an ideal substitution for meat in this plant-based taco recipe. Serve them with our homemade cashew crema.
, coarsely torn
, such as Club House
corn or flour
, for serving (recipe in Kitchen Tips)
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 425F.
- COMBINE lime and orange juices with sugar and salt in a small saucepan set over high. Boil, then remove from heat and stir in onion. Set aside.
- TOSS mushrooms with oil and seasoning in a large bowl. Divide between 2 large baking sheets and spread into one layer. Roast, stirring and switching sheets halfway through, until golden-brown and edges are crisp, 18 to 20 min.
- ASSEMBLE tacos by topping warm tortillas with mushrooms, avocado, onion, cilantro and pickled jalapeños. Drizzle with Cashew Crema. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 89 g,
- 47 g,
- 20 g,
- 751 mg.
- Serve the tacos with a batch of our Cashew Crema.
- To warm tortillas, wrap in a clean, damp tea towel then microwave on high for about 30 seconds.