Hearty Vegan MinestroneBy Chatelaine
Packed with delicious vegetables and pasta, this plant-based hearty soup is sure to fill you up.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 medium carrots , finely diced
- 1 turnip , finely diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 1 900-mL carton vegetable broth
- 1 cup tubetti Pasta
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 540-mL can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 demi-baguette , (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add oil, then onion, carrots, turnip, oregano and basil. Cook until vegetables soften, 6 to 7 min.
- Pour in tomatoes, broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over high, then reduce heat to medium. Stir in pasta and gently boil, stirring occasionally until vegetables and pasta are tender, 10 to 12 min.
- Add kale and beans to minestrone and continue cooking until heated through, 2 to 3 more min.
- Baguette: Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat broiler. Slice baguette into 16 thin slices. Arrange baguette slices in one layer on a baking sheet. Broil baguette until toasted, 1 to 2 min. Serve with minestrone, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 71 g,
- 6 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 mg.