Mini baked doughnuts
28 doughnuts and 28 holes
Baked mini donuts
Photo by Roberto Caruso
These adorable little doughnuts are made in the traditional way with yeast, but then baked (not fried). So easy and yet so delicious.
2 1/2 cups
- MICROWAVE milk until warm, about 1 min. Pour into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Add yeast and stir. Let stand until foamy, about 10 min.
- SPRAY a medium bowl with oil. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Lightly spray with oil.
- ADD granulated sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and salt to yeast mixture and beat on medium until combined. Gradually add flour, increasing speed to medium-high, until dough forms a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides and bottom of the bowl, about 7 min. (Stand mixer may move around the counter during beating.)
- TRANSFER dough into oiled bowl. Lightly oil top of dough and cover with a damp tea towel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about an hour.
- ROLL out dough on a floured surface until 1/2-in. thick. Cut into 28 rounds using a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Then use a 1-in. round cutter to cut out holes from centre of rounds. Transfer doughnuts and holes to prepared baking sheets. Cover with damp tea towels and let stand until double in size, about 45 min.
- STIR icing sugar with water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Bake doughnuts in centre of oven, 1 batch at a time, until golden, about 10 min. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 10 min.
- STIR icing sugar mixture. Dip tops of doughnuts into glaze. Top with sprinkles before glaze dries.
Nutrition (per doughnut)
- 2 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 48 mg.