Whole-roasted celeriac with tahini herb sauceBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 25 min
- 1 large celeriac , scrubbed and rinsed (about 1 kg)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter , softened and divided
- 1 1/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves , divided
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup microgreens , for garnish
- POSITION rack in centre of oven and preheat to 400F.
- COAT unpeeled celeriac with 2 tbsp butter and 1 tsp salt. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until a skewer is easily inserted, 1 1/2 to 2 hr. Remove foil and continue roasting until top is golden brown, about 25 min.
- MELT remaining 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium. Stir in nuts and bread crumbs until coated. Remove from heat. Chop 1 tbsp parsley leaves and stir into mixture.
- COMBINE basil, remaining parsley, garlic, water, tahini, lemon juice, oil and honey in a food processor. Whirl until smooth, scraping down side as needed, about 2 min.
- SLICE celeriac into wedges. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with sauce. Top with walnut mixture, then microgreens. Serve warm.
Chatelaine Quickies: Buffalo cauliflower
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 37 g,
- 34 g,
- 7 g,
- 984 mg.