Tuna poke bruschettaBy Chatelaine
- 150 g sashimi-grade tuna , diced into 1/4-in. cubes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1/3 cup diced watermelon
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 4 1/2-in. slices artisanal sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , cut in half
- 1 tsp sea salt
- STIR tuna, shallots, soy, jalapeno, oil and ginger in a bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hr. Stir in watermelon and green onion before serving.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill.
- BRUSH bread with oil, then cook until grill marks form, 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate and rub 1 side of each toast with garlic. Cut in half. Sprinkle with salt.
- TOP each toast with a heaping 2 tbsp of poke mix.
Chef Secrets with Chuck Hughes: The 'Perfect' Tuna Melt
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 9 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 405 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12