Swedish meatballs over egg noodles
Photo, Erik Putz.
This cozy dinner is brimming with flavour.
, finely chopped
1 227-g pkg
- WHISK egg with 1 tbsp Dijon in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup onion, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, allspice and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Add in ground meat. Using your hands, evenly mix. Roll mixture into 1-in. balls (1 tbsp each).
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then meatballs. Cook, turning the meatballs occasionally, until golden-brown on all sides, 3-4 min. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- COOK noodles following package directions, 7 to 9 min.
- ADD remaining 1 tsp oil to same pan, then mushrooms and remaining onion. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 min. Stir in broth, sour cream and remaining 1 tbsp Dijon and Worcestershire sauce. Return the meatballs and juices to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Boil, stirring often, until sauce starts to thicken, 8 to 10 min.
- DRAIN noodles and serve with meatballs and parsley.
A Simple Way To Roll Meatballs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 37 g,
- 22 g,
- 4 g,
- 891 mg.