Squash mac 'n cheeseBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- PREHEAT oven to 400F.
- CUT squash into quarters. Scoop out and discard seeds. Roast pieces in a large baking dish covered with foil, until fork-tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven. (Reserve some squash to garnish, if desired.) When cool enough to handle, scoop flesh from skins. Whirl in a food processor until smooth. (Purée refrigerates for up to 3 days.)
- HEAT a large saucepan over medium. Add olive oil, garlic and 1 cup squash purée. Cook for 1 min.
- POUR in vegetable broth and 10% cream. Boil, then stir in macaroni pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until pasta is tender, 6 to 8 min.
- STIR in parmesan. Top with roasted butternut squash pieces, if desired.