Shakshuka pizzaBy Chatelaine
4 to 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups spicy marinara sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 454-g ball whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup baby arugula
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and brush with oil.
- STIR marinara sauce, paprika and cumin in a small bowl.
- ROLL out dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of the baking sheet and transfer to prepared sheet.
- RESERVE 1/2 cup sauce mixture, then spread remaining sauce evenly over dough. Top with onion and peppers.
- BAKE for 15 min. Remove sheet from oven. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 wells in sauce and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with feta. Continue baking until crust is golden and eggs are cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 min.
- SPRINKLE with arugula and serve with reserved sauce for dipping or drizzling.
Chatelaine Quickies: 10 ways to make a grilled cheese sandwich
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 47 g,
- 14 g,
- 3 g,
- 868 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A