Spanish Tortilla with AsparagusBy Chatelaine
This flavourful, quick tortilla can be served at any temperature and tastes even better the next day.
- 6 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mild dry-cured chorizo sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes , cut in 1/2 in. cubes
- 250 g asparagus , tough ends removed, cut in 1/2 in. pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan (about 10 in. wide) over medium. Add 1 tbsp oil, then chorizo. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned. Transfer chorizo to a plate.
- Add remaining 5 tbsp oil, onion and potatoes to pan. Cook, stirring often, until potatoes are almost cooked through, about 8 min.
- Add asparagus. Cook just until tender-crisp, about 3 min. Stir in chorizo. Spread out vegetables and chorizo in an even layer.
- Beat eggs with salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Pour over vegetables and chorizo, stirring slightly to cover all ingredients, if needed. Cook for 5 min. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until eggs are set, about 5 min. Use a rubber spatula to work your way all around the edge and underneath the tortilla to loosen from pan.
- Carefully flip tortilla out of pan onto a large plate or baking sheet that is bigger than the tortilla itself. Then slide it back into pan so the top is now on the bottom. Cook until lightly golden, 5 to 10 min more.
- Slide tortilla onto a cutting board. Cut into wedges and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 21 g,
- 34 g,
- 3 g,
- 480 mg.